Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday

Jade came down with a bit of a runny nose a few days ago, and it spiraled into an ear infection, irritated throat and conjunctivitis. Not a fun way to spend your birthday. Luckily, she made it through her party on Sunday (pictures coming soon) before it got too bad! After being on medicine for about 24 hours she started to feel much better and didn't let it put too much of a damper on on her birthday! :)

We celebrated today by going out for breakfast at our favorite spot, Honey Jam Cafe! Jade loved having us and our waitress sing Happy Birthday to her!


Between taking it easy on the couch and playing with all of Jade's new toys from her party on Sunday, we decided to wait to have her open her presents from us. (Her big gift isn't here yet anyway) :)

Nate had to work this evening, so I took Jade out for a birthday dinner and ice cream at Culvers. She loved it! Made me so happy to see her feeling better!




Last year Jade wore a dress that I wore on my 1st birthday, so it should come as no surprise that I would have her wear a dress I wore on my 2nd birthday! :) It was a little short on her (and cool outside) so we paired it with some skinny jeans! 


Happy 2nd Birthday sweet Jade! I can't believe you are two!!!


2 comments:

  1. Aw, I didn't know Jade was sick. Poor thing; that was a lot all at once. :( So glad she is feeling better. I love your old dress on her, Amanda. So vintage-like and so sweet. What a fun tradition for her to wear your birthday dress each year. I remember that picture of you in it. Love to all!

    ReplyDelete